After the first dish we learned to cook during our Cooking Classes in Thailand – the Green Papaya Salad, I want to share with you another dish we’ve learned at the Pantawan Cooking School, which by the way was one of the best … no THE best Cooking Class we’ve ever been to. There will be more information on the Pantawan Cooking School in one of the next posts. The dish I want to share with you is a Green Curry with Chicken – Thai style.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 4-8 es Sweet eggplant
- 200 g Chicken
- 2 table spoon Green curry paste
- 1/2 cup Sweet basil leaves
- 2 table spoon Chicken stock water
- 2 table spoon Palm Sugar
- 2 ea Red pepper
- 300 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tea spoon Salt
How to cook – Step by step instructions
[toggle title=”Accordion number 1″]
- Boil coconut milk in a pot, then melt the green curry paste in. After it is getting boiled again, then add sliced eggplant and mix them up a little. Wait till it boiled up again.
- Add sliced chicken, spread them up but not stir. Wait for the surface of the meat to cook then you can stir. (avoid the smell of the meat in the curry)
- After the chicken is cooked, add palm sugar, salt, seasoning powder and mix them all up.
- Add red pepper and sweet basil after everything is well cooked especially the eggplant as it’s quite hard to cook. Serve hot with rice.
** Add water only when you think it’s too dry or like the curry watery.