30×500 is a class by Amy Hoy which helps people to bootstrap a business. The idea of the course is to ease the pain your specific audience has based on a so called sales safarii. A sales safari is a routine you really have to practice a lot to get the benefit out of it. But if you come to the point where you have your “Oh, that’s the way it should work” it is amazing … that’s what I’ve heard so far from a lot of 30×500 alumni. So far I didn’t have my “that’s how sales safari should look like” feeling, but after retaking the class this winter, I hopefully will get to this AHA moment soon enough.
So after attending for the first time the 30×500 class in summer 2012, I decided during the last weeks of summer class to enrol for the winter classe 2012 again. My goal is to go through all the theory again and according to the optimized and changed course lessons, to understand some things better that I missed during summer class. In addition I definitely want to do a better job on safariing. My problem was that I wanted to do some safariing but also wanted to go on with the further lessons and homework so I didn’t fell back on the course schedule.
Right now I am struggling with finishing the summer class and trying to get on track with the winter class, because there is a lot of happening on the winter class mailing list already. Although officially it’s not starting before 4th/5th of november. Yesterday and today I managed to read/skim all of the emails (>600) in the winter class inbox and more than 100 in the summer class inbox.
So my goals for the upcoming winter class are:
- participate more often on the mailing list
- doing more 30×500 each day in contrast to doing it once a week for the whole day
- reading each day the mails for winter class
- redoing the lessons
- taking notes on each lesson – I will try to take at least one note for each page, but have to figure out how I will achieve this
- rereading stuff I’ve already read like eg lesson 5 is on for this week, so I will read lesson 5, than reread lesson 4 and take notes for lesson 5 after rereading it again – still figuring out how this will probably work for me
- attending the Vienna 30×500 meetups every week